Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Should I partition my Mac or my external hard drive/how much space?

I want to use PowerPC apps like iMovie HD and The Sims, but I have Lion so I'm partitioning my hard drive and installing Snow Leopard in the partition. But should I partition my external hard drive or my actual computer? Would there be a difference? And how much space should I give to the partition?Should I partition my Mac or my external hard drive/how much space?
Well if you partition your comp you will lose some hard drive space for lion i recommend installing in the internal HD so you do not have to lug around a external HD and give it hmm say 30-50GB maybe a bit more so u can install additional software if needed hope i helped :)
also to the guy above u can install any osx on externals.Should I partition my Mac or my external hard drive/how much space?
Internal hard drive should be partitioned. From memory you can't boot OSX off an external drive. Give the partition 20-40gb and you should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment