Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How do I get the sims 2 movies to work on a computer without the sims 2 program?

I am using movies from the sims 2 in a powerpoint presentation for a school assignment but the presentation will be on my usb being played using the teachers computer. When I try to play the movies on a computer that doesn't have the sims 2 program, they will not play and are just still images. Apparently its error C00D1197: Cannot play the file. Please help the assignment is on the 7th of May.How do I get the sims 2 movies to work on a computer without the sims 2 program?
So by movies I'm assuming you filmed a sim in the game and want to use those files in the powerpoint right? Well lets see. What type of computer is the one you are playing the presentation on? When you film a sim on the computer, the file appears in the movies files, yadda yadda.....but they come in avi files. That may be your problem there. Some media players don't have the codex or file support to play avi files. I'm a sims 2 movie maker. I transfer film files from my computer, which has sims, into my editing one, which doesn't. So having a movie or film file of a sim, on a computer without the actual game, doesn't affect its ability to play on a media player. I hope this helped! So all I guess I can tell you for sure is that it isn't because sims isn't on the computer, but perhaps another reason....

-Cheers ^^How do I get the sims 2 movies to work on a computer without the sims 2 program?
Install the sims on your teachers computer is the only way!How do I get the sims 2 movies to work on a computer without the sims 2 program?
You cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment